Friday, November 14, 2008

Don't I Know You?

Last summer, Lori and her two kids came to Utah for a visit. She packed light, so after we had some lunch at Mom's and put Avery down for a nap, we left Mom in charge of the kiddos while Lori and I ran to Albertsons for diapers and baby food (and maybe some rootbeer and dots.) We went through the self check out, and as I'm helping Lori gather the sacks I hear her say, "Hey, did you go to American Fork?"

PANIC. I'm thinking, "Crap, we are going to be stuck reminiscing with someone she went to high school with but doesn't even remember." Not one of my favorite things to do...

I look up to see a couple of guys standing there, one looking particularly handsome in his cute polo shirt that looked something like this:





He is staring at us with this very blank look and slowly says, "Um...No...It's for...Abercrombie...and...Fitch."

Good to know, right Lori?

8 comments:

Lori said...

how are you guys pulling up these old posts?

Jenny said...

Copy, paste, then edit the text. I still had the picture on my computer, so I added that after...no real secret tricks to it!

Mome' said...

So, was it a red shirt the guy was wearing? Just wondering.

Lori said...

I swear it had to be red---wasn't it Jen?

Jenny said...

I think the shirt was white...definitely NOT red. Sorry Lori!

Kimmy said...

Lori, this story DEFINITELY makes me giggle! I can so see you doing this! You are so funny! In a good way.

Kelli said...

You WERE in Albertson's maybe Happy Man was there too! ALL good things happen in Albertsons!

Kelli said...

You WERE in Albertson's maybe Happy Man was there too! ALL good things happen in Albertsons!